The winning team will be determined on April 18 in Moscow Imagine Cup 2009 The winner will get the right to represent Russia at the international finals in Cairo. Seven teams will take part in the competition.
- A team from the South Ural State University "Women’s Logic" with their project "Lukomorye" – a game software system for children (Chelyabinsk);
- Vital Lab" team from Nizhny Novgorod State University with the project "ViVa", which aims to create a system of timely prevention of epidemics (Nizhny Novgorod);
- Team of the Russian Kant State University with the project "Sence" – a set of software products, adapted for the use of multitouch technology (Kaliningrad);
- Team of Volgograd State Technical University "Four Knights Club" with the project "Red Alert" – software information system for security (Volgograd);
- Securiteam" team from the Far Eastern State University with the project "mobiEcash" – a single unified means of payment (Vladivostok);
- Blumo" team from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology with their project myRange – a system for tracking meetings and establishing contacts based on mobile devices supporting the Bluetooth protocol;
- A team from the Moscow Engineering Physics Institute with an augmented reality project based on Lullius QBR codes.
The Russian final of Imagine Cup will take place on April 18th 2009 at 10:00am in the Cultural Center of State University – Higher School of Economics at Vorontsovo Pole, 5a (Kurskaya metro station).
Imagine Cup is the world’s largest technology competition, supported by Microsoft and a number of other companies and non-profit organizations every year since 2003. The competition helps to recognize and develop the abilities of young people in information technology (IT) and to expand communication among students worldwide, as well as to promote new achievements in technological advancement and the development of the IT industry.