I write websites in asp.net mvc. In these 16 chapters I want to tell you how I do it. This is a kind of textbook reference of all the knowledge I have accumulated over three years.
Why asp.net mvc
I like ASP.NET MVC because :
- It’s .net. I know .net and C#.
- This is compiled code.
- This is not ASP.NET WebForms, I work with html code.
- MVC pattern is used.
- Visual Studio is the most popular development tool with IntelliSense .
- Great debugging tools.
All of this allows me to develop applications quickly and intelligently. Most importantly, it’s fast.
For our work we will need
- Visual Studio 2012 c installed asp.net mvc 4 ( http://www.asp.net/mvc/mvc4 )
- MS SQL Server for working with databases ( http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/editions/2012-editions/express.aspx )
- Ability to work with Mercurial or Git ( http://habrahabr.ru/post/108443/ )
- Knowledge of C#
Table of contents
- Lesson 1: We’ll just create and run a project. And we’ll learn a little bit about NuGet. NLog and Logger.
- Lesson 2: Exploring Dependency Injection. We’ll study different implementations. Ninject, Unity, Autofac.
- Lesson 3: Working with the database. SQL commands. LinqToSql
- Lesson 4: Routes and Bindings. Structure of asp.net mvc – applications
- Lesson 5. Creating a database record through the web interface. Data validation. Automapping
- Lesson 6: Authorization (and why we don’t use the standard MembershipProvider)
- Lesson 7. html, css, Bootrap, jquery. Client-side reference data
- Lesson 8. View, Razor. Learning the View-engine Razor. We add an error handling page to our application
- Lesson 9. Configuration, and working with file uploads. Image processing
- Lesson A. Working with email and sms
- Lesson B. Json, working with this format. Json.net.
- Lesson C. Creating a Multilingual Site
- Lesson D. Scaffolding
- Lesson E. Testing
- Lesson F. Work as it is. My principles of work. How to write a TOR.
All the sources are at https://bitbucket.org/chernikov/lessons
P.S: I want to thank vechernamore and her husband ilyuxa And Sasha Pushkin for proofreading.
https://bitbucket.org/chernikov/lessons/src/f777636121ae734125dc1ceda76bc1cf0792ef4b/asp.net%20mvc.docx?at=default – link to the word file with all the lessons.