Hi all. Researching my program code I came to the conclusion that it doesn’t just have software options, it has entire technologies. Technologies that don’t exist anywhere else. One of these technologies is called DoubleDomain. I will tell about it in details…
I like to invent freedom. I write software that helps me become more free. Everyone says to me "Oleg – you can’t make money with that!". "Yes, I know, " I answer them. But why do I need money when I have freedom!).
Data technology – has many more gaps that we have yet to discover. Not many people in the world are doing it. Basically everyone is happy with what they have now. So there is no need to invent something new. It is because of this need that I found one of the gaps.
I understand that unblocking sites from Roskomnadzor is not so relevant today. For example, in Opera, the "Opera Turbo" checkbox not only speeds up the opening of sites, but also unblocks most of them. But Doubledomain technology is much more than it seems at first glance. The essence of the technology :
DoubleDomain – a duplicate domain. A second, duplicate domain is used to provide uninterrupted access to the site.
Principle of operation – in the absence of access to site A, access is provided to site B. The list of sites correspondence is indicated in the program itself or on a special site. For the user, this technology is transparent and it always seems to him that site A is open.
According to today’s version, the transition to site B is done in case of site access error or redirect 301, 302, 303, 307. When site A is registered, a whois check is performed. If the site does not exist, then the registration of site A is performed without checking the owner. If site A exists, then the check of the owner of the site is performed by sending a random file with random content to the root of the checked site A.
This technology adds multidimensionality to our Internet. And it changes the game dramatically in some situations. In order to better understand how exactly, let’s look at some examples of using :
1) Fault tolerance. There is always a chance that a domain will suddenly stop working. The reliability of domains depends on so many factors. Domains get blocked by mistake, resellers lose contact with the registrar along with the domains, domains forget to pay, domains can be misdirected, etc. All these problems disappear with the use of DoubleDomain technology. Site B opens. It looks like magic).
2) Your website dedose Option 1 – let them dedo site A. Site B will open anyway. You can even deliberately disable site A.
Option 2 – site A and B are being defaced. We disable site A and change site B. Of course, the hackers are not stupid and will write a program that will access the DoubleDomain service via API and automatically get site B, but it will make their job much more difficult.
3) Roscom has blocked your site. This is not a problem. There is no need to proxy traffic anymore. Go to a no-ip service (any). Register any domain. Go to the service site DoubleDomain and register the correspondence: site A – blocked site, site B – no-ip site. That’s all. When redirecting or blocking your blocked site A, the no-ip site will be opened, and the user will see the same site A in the url of the page. But Roscom is not an easy company. They can block by ip as well. Then you need a dynamic white ip address. Synchronization no-ip with white ip happens in the shortest, configurable time. No-ip site will redirect the domain to a new ip address and it will appear in the browser as site A. It would be a good idea to use DoubleIp technology, but I think it is impossible))). Of course, Roscom will block again and again, but all ip addresses cannot be blocked, while no-ip domain names are infinite.
4) For example, there is a domain name that is not purchased and not directed. You go to the DoubleDomain service site. You register site A – as this not working domain, and in site B – write your site. Magic can not do this, and the new technology will open the DoubleDomain extension users your site B as if it was site A. And will open until the owner of site A will not show up and claim the site or send his site for hosting. Something like this.
5) Faster DNS name update. Very much depends on the implementation. But right now I have plans to load the file of correspondence at first start of browser and at least when user presses "refresh sites" button. Making a request to the API service every time there is a request with redirect or error, now would not exactly provide the appropriate load on the browser. Although, as an option and it can be triggered. Then the DNS update will happen instantly.
Of course, I could not write this article, and could make my own service DoubleDomain and collect the money for registration in it. But the principle is too simple to keep it a secret. And the implementation of such a service in its basic form is within the power, even a schoolboy. I will continue to promote my service DoubleDomain and will only be happy to see competitors.
The main problem in creating this kind of technology is the audience, which is not a big problem in the case of some individual, private service. After all, you can always advise users to install a browser extension, for uninterrupted access to the site. Or to have it by default in the client program.
Of course, the prettiest thing would be to have this technology directly built into the browser. I hope the developers will hear me and understand that the user should always have site B in front of the error screen. How to implement this is a technical question, not a logical one. I think this is the essence of the discovery. Technology advances, power grows, you just need to notice what you can get new, using the power level above.
My realization :
Didn’t know anything at all about writing extensions when I started writing this. I hope for better implementations to come along. This extension will gradually evolve. If right now it’s just an example, soon it will be quite a working version with a website to add your own matches.
There is a link to the casino in the example. The casino of course is fake. I used it because this site is blocked in Russia.
Upd: There was a huge discussion about the article. I spent days and nights answering them as best I could. There were over 1100 comments. All were interested in the details of the technology, because it was too simple and too radical at the same time. That is why I tried to structure the discussion so as to bring order and come to a logical end.
For clarity, I put the discussions in the discussion threads of the examples given in the article:
Example 1 – providing fault tolerance;
Example 2 – potential protection against DDos attacks;
Example 3 – protection against site blocks;
Example 4 – using domains not purchased for free;
Example 5 – instant DNS name update.
There are many more examples and you can make them up on your own.
One thing I’ve learned about discussions is that even a dot on a piece of paper can be discussed for years, but you don’t have to. The commenters still have questions, but because they didn’t like my answers and lowered my karma themselves I can’t answer them.
I think 1100 comments is more than enough to ask and answer all the major questions about the new technology.
The upshot of the discussions is that this is a new technology that has no flaws. Take advantage of it!
Upd2: The technology is easy enough to implement, but I recently got a job as chief developer and now all my time is taken up by other projects. Since the technology is global and affects data transmission all over the world, it is possible to create a whole organization with enthusiasts to promote this and other related technologies.
Contact me at my email firstname.lastname@example.org